Saturday, August 15, 2009

In My Yard. . . .

Today, I spent three and a half (yes three and a half!)hours mopping my entire downstairs floor. It seems to go on FOREVER! What a workout!! When I finally finished, I made some soup and headed outside to enjoy the breeze, the trees, and the birds. Here is my solace today. This is the view from my lounge chair.
This Bluejay is one of four that frequent my "establishment" almost daily for a nibble of something yummy like the peanut cage that I hang from a tree. They are quite bossy birds and have a squeally voice. I never used to be a "bird" person, but since Liza died, and they can finally relax when they come to my yard, I find them very interesting. We have quite a variety that come by each day to eat, drink, bathe, or just peck around.

This hummingbird kept coming back to this empty feeder and finally came right up to my face and hovered as if to say "Come on--Get up--It's out of food and I'M HUNGRY".

i'll get to it later. . .

Time to get more bird seed! Jeff thinks I spend more money on food for them than food for him. I think I'll bbq Salmon tonight after I buy enough birdseed to refill the garbage can. Maybe I should make a dessert to go with that----just for good measure. :)


Mary, Mary, quite contrary, How does your garden grow?

Well MY garden just doesn't! We have had two zucchini, four tomatoes, and about two cups of green beans! The basil is doing ok, but everything else is a pretty sorry excuse for a garden! I think our nights have been too cool this summer-----what happened to "global warming" when you need it?!!!


I LOVE FLOWERS !!!




When I was wandering around my yard, trying to find interesting things to take pics of, I found a treasure! I love a yard that says "CHILDREN HAVE BEEN HERE". Little hands carefully placed this little guy inside a seashell and nestled it in the grass for safe keeping. Oh if I could tap into the minds of my grandbabies and know what they know----I would truly be wise!!


Today, the words of John Burroughs seem appropriate:

"The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world; I hardly know which feeling leads, wonderment or admiration."

1 comments:

Jessica said...

that little guy in that shell is so cute! i should show addie tomorrow and see if she did it.:) fun pictures, looks alot more cooler and welcomeing than my yard:)