Friday, September 11, 2009

Pondering 9-11 / Thoughts Of My Heart

Today I am emotional. Thinking about so many things.
How wonderful my husband is. I don’t deserve him--how could I be so blessed.
What a gem Jessica is in my life. I am overwhelmed by her talents. I am in awe of her selflessness and love for others. I am so touched by her desire to be a Mom---a good Mom!
I am so glad that Mark lives the Gospel and holds the priesthood.  I am eternally gratefull that he took Jessica to the Temple and that he himself was willing to make covenants with God that would not only enrich and bless his own life, but also that of his wife and children.  I am grateful that he loved them enough to want them for eternity.
I feel so blessed to have Kyle as my son. He is an incredible, talented, thoughtful and intelligent person. He has so many Christ like attributes. I miss hearing him play his guitar in the quiet before going to bed.
 Kevin is a joy. I have always said that he is a bright spot in my day. He is so personable and energetic. He enjoys people--and they feel his genuine interest in them. It is adorable to watch him play with his little girl. I am proud of what a good daddy he is at such a young age.
I love Faith.  She is so good for Kevin.  I love her laughter.  I love that she loves Ellery so much.  She is so kind.  She works so hard. 
I have the very “bestest” friends. I love them all. I am grounded by knowing that there are those out there who care about my well-being and my happiness. They are a treasure to my soul. They bring a smile to my face. I want to be like them.
I love where I live. This is a beautiful place on Earth. I love the seasons. I love the people here. I love the sunrises and the sunsets. I love my yard that Jeff so lovingly created. I love to watch the birds and animals that visit. I love watching and anticipating buds, blossoms, spouts and sprigs in the Spring and Summer. I love the change of leaves in the fall. I love snow. I love living away from town---but not too far. I love the rain.
I am so grateful for the ward I live in. For the wonderful Bishop we have and the thoughtfulness he has in the way he leads. For the great Sunday School lessons that are well prepared each week. For the Relief Society and all that it does for the Sisters in the Church. I am touched by the young priesthood that passes me the sacrament each Sunday with such respect and humility. I am thrilled to see the youth stand and bear testimony, and teach from the pulpit, truths and principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful that there are still mothers of young children who will come to church week after week even if they spend most of their time in the foyer or hall. That is sacrifice. That is true love of the Lord. That is knowing the weight of setting an example.
I love my parents. What did I do to deserve such a beautiful childhood. My parents exemplify the honest, Mormon way of life. They brought me up with a Church family. They lived the principles they taught. They gave me the directions to a happy life. It is a joy to watch their sweetness toward one another.
I love my country. I love my freedoms. I love conservative views and laws. I believe it is those views and laws that will keep us free and keep us safe. I believe that in fighting to keep those beliefs and those laws alive, I am being true to my Father in Heaven who blessed me with this great place I call home. By standing, and fighting, for truth and righteousness concerning the Constitution, I am showing my gratitude for the blessings and freedoms He has given me.
I love my life, my family, my friends, my church, my country, and my God.

0 comments: