Saturday, November 21, 2009

Too Beautiful This Year!!!

 O world, I cannot hold thee close enough!
Thy winds,thy wide grey skies!
Thy mists, that roll and rise!
Thy woods, this autumn day, that ache and sag
And all but cry with color!
World, World, I cannot get thee close enough!
Long have I known a glory in it all,
But never knew I this:
Here such a passion is as stretcheth me apart,
Lord, I do fear
Thou'st made the world too beautiful this year.
                                                                     Edna St. Vincent Millay


Jeff and I took a drive in October to Greer to see the fall leaves.  It was a beautiful day!  We missed the peak by a little less than a week, but it was still beautiful.  It is nothing like what we have seen in the North East, but for our little "neck of the woods", it was spectacular and we only had to drive 40 minutes to see it!

Other beauties for the eye to behold this year:


Little Ellery peeking at me when I was working in the office.
I looked up and there was this half-lit face smiling back at me.
She is a joy!

Addie, Callie and Walker.  What fun to be there and see their faces when he was brought home! 
That was more fun than Christmas!


Happiness depends, as Nature shows,
Less on exterior things than most suppose!
                                                                            William Cowper

0 comments: